If you’re looking for a country that has it all, look no further than Tanzania. It’s perfect for adventurers because it is home to Africa’s highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro; foodies will love the up-and-coming restaurants in the capital, Dar es Salaam; and those looking to relax can enjoy the beautiful beaches of Zanzibar island.
However, before you book a ticket and start to plan any of the aforementioned activities, it is important to note that all Brazilian citizens are required to have a visa before they can legally enter Tanzania.
Thanks to a new venture set out by the Tanzanian government last year, it is now easier than ever to apply for and get approved for a Tanzanian electronic visa. Here is everything you need to know in order to obtain a Tanzania visa for Brazilian citizens.
What Brazilian Citizens need to apply for a Tanzania eVisa
Before applying for the Tanzanian evisa, it is important to distinguish between the different types of visas available. They include the following:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – The single-entry Tanzania visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 3 months in the country. It can be used for trips involving a holiday, tourism, or for medical purposes.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa – The multi-entry visa is specifically made for those who plan to frequently visit Tanzania. This visa allows a traveler to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months consecutively. The visa itself is valid for 12 months. However, in order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa,it is important to note that you must be invited by a citizen of Tanzania and provide proper documentation on why you need this visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa -This simple visa allows you to transit through Tanzania to your final destination. The Tanzania transit visa is valid for stays no longer than 7 days.
- A Tanzania business visa is available if you are planning to visit the country for business-related purposes or to invest in a Tanzanian company. The validity of the business visa varies from 1 to 6 months depending on your needs.
We also recommend checking the list of vaccinations needed for Brazilians traveling to Tanzania.
After you have carefully chosen the visa that you wish to apply for, it is time to gather the necessary documents required for Brazilian citizens. These include the following:
- A valid Brazilian passport – The passport that you apply with must be valid and up to date. Your Brazilian passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date that you plan to arrive in Tanzania. It is also recommended to have at least two empty pages inside the passport itself.
- A copy of your Brazilian passport’s biometric page– During the time that you fill out the application, you will need to upload a copy of your biometric passport page. This is usually the first page in your passport that has your photo and personal information.
- A digital passport photo – You will need to submit a recent photo of yourself, one that was taken within the last 6 months. Your face must be centered and your features must be clearly visible.
- A basic travel itinerary – You will need to submit a simple explanation of your travel plans. You will also be required to submit proof of onward travel, such as an airline ticket to another country or back home.
- A valid payment method – A valid debit or credit card is needed in order to pay for the visa application fees.
- A valid email address – Finally, you will need to have a valid and working email address to ensure that you receive timely notifications about the status of your Tanzanian visa.
Once you have gathered all of the visa requirements for Brazilian citizens, it is time to move onto the final step: filling out the application.
Apply for Tanzania Online Visa as a Brazilian Citizen
The online application form takes less than one hour to complete and will ask you a few simple questions about yourself. The questions will include personal details, such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality; your contact information (email and current address); and your passport information (passport number and expiration date).
Tanzania Visa Processing Time
After completing the application, the finals steps are to pay the visa fee and wait for the email with the final decision regarding the status of your Tanzanian visa.
It takes an average of 5 days to process the Tanzania visa but may longer more due to demand or other factors. We recommend applying for your visa a month in advance so that there is plenty of time to plan.