Colombian citizens wishing to visit Tanzania for business or tourism need to make sure that they get the appropriate Tanzanian electronic visa (eVisa) before traveling.
Fortunately, the online application has been made available in 2018, making the process much more convenient and quick for Colombians.
Tanzania Visa Application Form for Colombian Passport Holders
Colombian passport holders wanting to travel to Tanzania can submit their Tanzanian eVisa application form online without having to reach their nearest embassy or consulate and start a long process with them.
Filling the form online can take from 10 to 15 minutes and Colombians can submit it once they provide very simple, basic personal information and data related to their passports.
The required data included the following:
- Full name as shown on the Colombian passport
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport number
- Passport date of issuance
- Passport date of expiry
- Email address
Additional information may also be required such as:
- Marital status
- Current physical address
- Purpose of the visit
- Date of arrival
Once they have all the information, citizens of Colombia are advised to check that all the details are correct and match the ones in the passport and/or other travel documents. Failing to provide valid information can cause the denial of the Tanzania electronic visa.
The final step consists of paying the processing fees related to the electronic visa. The permitted payment methods are credit card or debit card.
Types of Tanzania Visas Available for Colombians
The same application form is valid for all types of eVisas for Tanzania, the traveler just needs to make sure to choose the correct option when filling out the Tanzania eVisa application form. The choice will depend on the purpose of the visit to the country and the intended length of stay.
Travelers must be aware that remaining in the country with the wrong visa might be subject to fines and penalties according to the current immigration laws of the country.
The different Tanzanian visa types that are offered are the ones listed below:
- Single entry tourist visa: This type of visa allows a stay of no longer than 3months in the country. Colombian travelers must be aware that no other activity apart from tourism is permitted
- Multiple entry tourist visa: The document has a validity of 12 months and allows multiple stays inside the country of up to 3 months each
- Tanzania transit visa: This visa only allows passengers who have a connection flight to another destination to stop over in Tanzania. The validity of this visa is 7 days
- Tanzania business visa: Designed for people who are going to carry out short-term business activities in the country or have plans to make an investment. The validity of this type of document can vary depending on the traveler’s needs, from 1 month to 6 months
It is important to note that there is no Tanzania visa on arrival available for Colombian citizens, therefore, it is important to make sure that the online application is filled correctly and the visa has been successfully issued before arriving in the country.
Tanzania eVisa Requirements for Colombia
It is important that when Colombian citizens apply for the Tanzania tourist visa they meet all the necessary Tanzania visa entry requirements.
A copy of the following documents will need to be provided in order to submit the application successfully:
- A Colombian passport valid for at least 6 months from the arrival date to the country
- A copy of the biographical page of the passport
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A valid email address to receive the electronic visa to Tanzania
- An unexpired, working credit or debit card to pay the visa processing fee
A yellow fever vaccination certificate will also be required from Colombian visitors of they are coming from a country or region where this disease is present. Travelers need to check the vaccinations needed to Tanzania prior to their trip and visit a doctor to make sure they have all the medical details in check at least 6 weeks before arriving in the country.
Colombian citizens with double nationality need to choose with which passport they want to apply with, always ensuring that the details shown in the passport and the ones provided during the application match.
Finally, Colombians are required to print out a copy of the Tanzania eVisa in case any immigration officer asks to see the travel authorization.
Colombian minors traveling to Tanzania With an eVisa
In the case of minors traveling to Tanzania with Colombian passengers, it is necessary to pay attention to the way they must be registered in the application form.
If children from Colombia have their own passport, their parents or guardians will need to apply separately to the Tanzania eVisa on their behalf. However, if they do not have a passport, they can be included in their parents’/guardians’ application form, under the ‘Minors’ section.
Tanzania eVisa: Processing Time for Colombian Citizens
As the application for the Tanzania tourist visa is quick and very user-friendly, visas are usually issued in up to 6 business days. However, complete and accurate requests are often approved earlier.
The visa fees for visitors from Colombia may vary depending on the type of visa selected at the time of the application.
To avoid any inconveniences, it is recommended that Colombian travelers submit their applications at least 6 days before the arrival date to allows enough time for the immigration authorities to review carefully the application submitted and for additional documents or information to be requested.