Czech citizens who want to visit Tanzania for leisure, business or transit need a visa in order to enter the country.
The easiest and fastest way to do it is to apply for an online Tanzania visa for Czech citizens which can be acquired up to 3 months in advance. This electronic travel authorization was recently introduced by the Tanzanian Government in order to speed up the process of obtaining a visa for visitors. Not only does this electronic Tanzania visa helps tourists obtain their paperwork but it also helps improve security checks at the border.
While Czech citizens can also get a Tanzania visa on arrival or from an embassy, the process of obtaining either one takes time and hassle as there are usually long lines and only cash can be used to pay the corresponding visa fee. Conversely, applying for the Tanzania visa online guarantees you get your visa on time, from the comfort of your own home and in just a few minutes.
Tanzania eVisa Requirements for Czech Republic Citizens
Different types of visa are available to travelers who want to visit Tanzania. They must determine the visa that suits their needs prior to visiting the country.
Below is a list of available Tanzania visa for Czech citizens:
- A single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay for up to 90 consecutive days in the country for travel, tourism, short term health treatment or other activities sanctioned by the Law of the Republic of Tanzania.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa for Czech citizens, which is designed for those who frequently visit the country. This visa is valid for a period of 12 months and allows travelers to stay for up to 3 months at a time in Tanzania.
- A Tanzania transit visa, available for travelers who are stopping in the country on their way to another destination and plan to stay no longer than 7 days.
- A Tanzania business visa, available for professionals working in the country temporarily or anyone planning to invest in Tanzanian businesses. The validity of the visa can vary from 1 to 6 months, depending on the traveler’s needs.
- A Czech Republic passport valid for a period of at least 6 months upon arrival in Tanzania
- A digital copy of the passport information page
- A digital copy of a passport photo
- Yellow fever vaccine certificate – For travelers who have been to Sub Saharan Africa and tropical Latin America for the past month where Yellow fever is endemic.
Czech travelers must also provide a return ticket back to the Czech Republic, or an onward ticket to another country. Failure to do so may result in the traveler being refused entry in the country.
Application Form for Czech Citizens
After securing the documents for the visa application, Czech visitors can fill in their information at the Tanzania e-visa application online for Czech citizens. The application only takes a few minutes to complete.
Applicants are required to input some personal information and passport details in the system, which includes their name, date, and place of birth, and travel document number. They are also required to provide an updated e-mail address where the confirmation of the application will be sent. All updates regarding the approval or denial of the visa will be sent to the same address once the final decision has been made by the Tanzania immigration officer.
Travelers are advised to double check the information that they input in the visa application before proceeding to any delays in receiving their visa. The visa fee for Czech citizens varies depending on the type of visa applied. Credit card is accepted as a method of payment for the visa application once the information has been finalized.
It is important to take note that issuance of a Tanzania e-visa for Czech citizens does not guarantee entrance to Tanzania. The final decision will be made by the Tanzanian immigration officer at the border entry. Due to this, travelers are encouraged to bring all the necessary documents, including their travel itinerary prior to entering the country to avoid any delays or refusal in their entry.