Tanzania is one of the most popular destinations in Africa at the moment, and it’s no secret why: with gorgeous blue beaches on Zanzibar island, exciting safaris on the Serengeti, delicious food in the capital, and the challenge of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, it’s hard not to fall in love with this country. For Egyptian travelers, it’s also an excellent place to escape for a weekend getaway or to enjoy a long vacation thanks to the quick 8-hour flight from Cairo to Dar es Salaam.
However, before you can book your ticket and pack your bags, it is important to note that all Egyptian travelers must have a visa before they can legally enter Tanzania. Thanks to a new initiative by the Tanzanian government, it is now easier than ever to obtain a Tanzania visa for Egyptian citizens – and we’ll show you step by step how to do so.
The first step is to figure out which visa you need to apply for. There are four main visas for Tanzania, which include the following:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – The single-entry visa allows the traveler to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months and can be used for a holiday, tourism, or medical purpose.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa – The multiple-entry Tanzania visa is made specifically for those who frequently plan to visit the country. This visa is valid for 12 months and allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months (consecutively). However, in order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a citizen of Tanzania and provide proper documentation on why they are applying for this visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa -The Tanzania transit visa allows the traveler to transit through the country to their onward destination. It is valid for stays under 7 days and is meant for short layover trips.
- A Tanzania business visa is available to those who are planning to visit and stay in Tanzania for business purposes or to invest in Tanzanian companies. The validity of this visa varies from 1 to 6 months.
What documents do Egyptian Citizens Require for a Tanzania eVisa?
After you have selected the visa that you plan to apply for, it is time to gather the necessary paperwork. There are only a few documents required for Egyptian citizens in order to apply for a Tanzanian visa, and they include the following:
- A valid Egyptian passport – Your passport must be up to date and valid for at least 6 months from the date that you plan to arrive in Tanzania. We also recommend having at least two blank pages in your passport, should there be a need to add a stamp.
- A Biometric passport page copy– You will need to upload a copy of your biometric passport page, which is usually the first page in the passport that has your photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport-style photo – As part of the application, you will need to submit a recent photo of yourself that was taken within the last 6 months. In the photo, your face must be centered and clearly visible.
- A Basic Travel Itinerary – One of the main components of the application will ask you to submit a basic list of your travel plans in Tanzania. This is to make sure that they are within the limits of the three-month tourist visa. We also recommend having an onward ticket that clearly expresses your travel after Tanzania (either to another destination or back home).
- A valid email address – In order to get notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you will need to enter a valid email address during the application.
- A valid payment method – Finally, you will need to have a valid debit or credit card in order to pay the necessary visa fees.
How to apply for Tanzania Visa from Egypt
The process to apply for a Tanzania evisa from Egypt is quick and simple.
You must complete the online request form. The Tanzania visa application form takes less than one hour to complete and will ask you a few basic questions about yourself (such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality). It will also ask for your contact information (email and current address), your passport information (passport number and expiration date), and your travel plans. Finally, the application will ask you to upload a photo of your biometric passport page and a recent photo of yourself.
After you have submitted everything, you will need to pay the visa application fee and wait for a notification of approval. It takes an average of 5 days to process the Tanzania visa, but may take more due to demand or other factors.
FAQ’s for Egyptian Passport Holders
As Egypt is one of the countries eligible for the Tanzania eVisa, Egyptian nationals can now apply online for the travel permit.
The Tanzania eVisa application is the simplest and most efficient way for Egyptian passport holders to gain access to the country, with no need to visit a Tanzanian embassy in person.
As well as holding a valid passport, Egyptian nationals must meet a set of requirements in order to be granted the visa for Tanzania.
As Zanzibar shares the same visa policy as Tanzania, Egyptian passport holders must apply for a Tanzania visa in order to visit the region. The simplest way to do so is by completing the online application form.
As the eVisa for travel to Zanzibar is applied for online, without the need to visit a diplomatic mission in person, it is the simplest and most efficient way for Egyptian travels to obtain the permit.
Although a yellow fever vaccination certificate is not a requirement, it is recommended that Egyptian citizens have the vaccine in order to travel with greater peace of mind. Furthermore, Egyptian passport holders who have recently visited an infected area may be required to have a yellow fever vaccination to be allowed access to Tanzania.
In addition to getting the required and recommended immunizations for Tanzania, Egyptians should bear in mind other health and safety considerations and pack any medical items they may need for the trip.