If you are looking to escape the harsh snowy climate of Finland and enjoy winter on the sunny beaches of Zanzibar, or simply want an adventure in Africa at any time of year, look no further than Tanzania.
This colorful and exotic country is quickly becoming a popular destination with travelers, and it is no secret why. There are hundreds of kilometers of gorgeous blue sandy beaches; a world-renowned reputation for having the best safaris; and an exciting capital city. Best of all, a flight from Helsinki to the capital of Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, or Zanzibar Island takes less than 12 hours.
However, before you can book the next ticket to Tanzania, don’t forget to secure your visa.
It is mandatory for Finnish citizens to have a visa before they can enter the country of Tanzania. Thankfully, all Finnish travelers can apply for an electronic visa (also known as an e-Visa) from the comfort of their own home. As long as you have an internet connection and a few documents, you will be able to apply.
Apply for Tanzania Online Visa for Finnish Citizens
In order to apply for a Tanzania visa for Finnish citizens, travelers will need to fill out the online application, upload the documents, and pay the required application visa fee.
The entire process is fast and easy: it takes less than an hour and applicants can expect to have their visa processed in less than three business days.
If you are interested in applying for an electronic visa, the first step is for applicants to fill out the Tanzania eVisa online application form. There, you will be required to enter the necessary information, which includes items such as your personal details, passport data, and travel itinerary. After the application is complete, travelers will need to upload the relevant documentation (such as a copy of their passport page) and pay the application fee.
After the application has been approved, travelers are encouraged to print out the confirmation email before they enter the country.
What Do Finnish Citizens Need to Apply for a Tanzania eVisa?
There are only a few documents required for Finnish citizens to apply for their Tanzania evisa. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Passport: The most important requirement is that the traveler’s Finnish passport must have at least 6 months of validity before they can enter Tanzania. Likewise, the Finnish passport must have at least one empty page
- Personal information: When completing the application, the traveler must provide a few personal details, including but not limited to, name, place of birth, employment, current residence, parents’ name, and place of birth.
- Passport Information: The traveler will have to provide their passport information, such as the passport number, date of expiry, place of issuance, and so forth.
- Travel information: The traveler must provide their travel plans and itinerary, which includes the port of entry, how many days they plan to stay in the country, and information about their accommodation.
- Copy of passport: At the end of the application, Finnish travelers will have to submit a scanned copy of their passport data page, which is the page with the passport photograph and details about personal and passport information.
- Application fee: To complete the application, travelers will need to pay an application fee (which varies based on the type of visa). It is also necessary to have a valid form of payment for the electronic visa, such as a credit or debit card.
After you have successfully gathered all of the visa requirements for Finnish citizens, you will be able to apply online.
Visa Processing Time
The usual processing time for a Tanzania electronic visa is approximately 3 business days, but this could fluctuate based on season and demand.
The visa is valid for three months (90 days) and can be extended for a further period of time once the traveler is in Tanzania.
It is important to note that even though the traveler has a visa to Tanzania, it does not guarantee permission for the traveler to enter the country. The final decision is made by the immigration officer at the border, like every other country in the world.
Whether you have one week or one month, there are plenty of amazing adventures in Tanzania. Once you have chosen Tanzania as your destination, all you need to do is secure your visa, plan your trip, and enjoy.