Traveling to Tanzania for tourism, business, family visits or healthcare? Israeli nationals need a visa to enter the country, which has become easier to obtain since the introduction of the eVisa process in 2018. Tanzanian immigration has streamlined the previous complicated system and introduced a simple online application form which allows you to apply for the Tanzania visa from Israel.
The online application can be used for all types of visa for Tanzania. It’s important to choose the appropriate visa for your needs, depending on why you’re traveling and how long you plan to stay:
- A single-entry tourist visa is issued for all travelers intending to stay for up to three months in Tanzania for the purposes of holidays, tourism, visiting, leisure, or any short term health treatment being administered in the country.
- A multiple-entry Tanzania tourist visa is issued for nationals of the Netherlands who intend to visit the country frequently over a relatively short period of time. This visa is valid for a period of 12 months and allows travelers to stay for up to 3 months at a time in Tanzania.
- A Tanzania transit visa, available for travelers who want to stay in Tanzania on their way to another country and will stay no longer than 7 days.
- A Tanzania business visa, which is issued to business travelers who are visiting in their professional role or conducting special assignments in the country, and permits a stay of up to six months. A letter or contract from a business or other organization is necessary to obtain this visa.
Tanzania eVisa Requirements for Israelis
Israeli citizens are required to submit supporting documentation covering the eVisa requirements for Tanzania when using the online application form. You will need to upload a scanned digital version of the following documents:
- An Israeli passport valid for at least 6 months upon arrival in Tanzania
- A copy of the passport information page with the applicant’s personal details
- A passport-style photo which clearly shows the applicant’s face
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate (for all travelers who have spent more than 12 hours in any country in South America or Sub-Saharan Africa which is currently infected with yellow fever)
All Israeli nationals also need to provide proof of their return flights to Israel or onward to another destination when entering Tanzania, as officials will check that the applicant’s travel plans match the time limit imposed by the visa.
The visa fee for Israeli citizens varies depending on the type of visa and duration of the applicant’s visit, and can be paid using a credit card when the traveler submits their application.
If you do not have time to apply online before you leave, one option is to get a visa on arrival. The Tanzanian tourist visa is available to Israeli nationals when entering the country, although other visa types must be arranged in advance. The disadvantage of this method is that there are long queues at the border for those without a visa, and the visa fee must be paid in cash. The electronic system reduces the amount of time Israeli travelers spend at border control.
Application Form for Israeli Citizens
Each applicant needs to take a few minutes to fill in the short Tanzania eVisa application online for Israeli citizens traveling to Tanzania. It is important to be sure that you are submitting accurate information; incomplete applications may be rejected by the authorities.
The form will request some vital personal and passport information such as full name, date of birth, place of birth, travel document number, and details of the traveler’s itinerary while in Tanzania.
After the applicant has filled in all the required details, they then need to:
- Upload digital copies of all supporting documents
- Enter a current email address
The applicant will then receive:
- A confirmation email stating that the application has been received
- A User Identification Number that will allow them to track the process of their visa online
- After up to two weeks the final decision to grant the visa will also be communicated via email
It is recommended that you get in touch with Tanzanian immigration services if you do not receive your confirmation in a timely manner.
When Israeli citizens arrive in Tanzania they can expect to have their visa checked at the border, and immigration officials may ask to see original copies of supporting documents. Your passport will be checked and your visa will then be stamped with your date of arrival.