Tanzania is the country on everybody’s mind this year, from celebrities to travel bloggers, hoteliers, and regular travelers. This country is chock-full of adventures such as climbing the highest mountain in Africa (Mt. Kilimanjaro); going on a wild safari through the Serengeti National Park; or walking through the vibrant streets of the country’s capital, Dar es Salaam.
In addition, Zanzibar, an island off the coast of Tanzania, is famous for its beautiful turquoise beaches and is also where musician Freddie Mercury was born.
Tanzania is a short flight away from Oman. Intrepid travelers can travel from Muscat to the capital (Dar es Salaam) in under 7 hours, or from Muscat to Zanzibar in under 5 hours, thanks to direct non-stop flights on Oman Air.
Every citizen of Oman is required to have a visa before they can legally enter the country of Tanzania. Thankfully, travelers can apply for the Tanzania electronic travel visa (also known as an e-Visa) from their home.
In order to obtain a Tanzania visa online from Oman, travelers will need to fill out the online application, which is a quick and simple process. The application usually takes less than an hour, and Omani citizens can expect to have their visa processed in less than three business days.
If you are planning to travel to Tanzania as an Omani citizen and are interesting in applying for an electronic visa, be sure to read the following requirements and steps below.
Requirements to Apply for a Tanzania Visa for Omani Citizens
There are a handful of Tanzania visa requirements for Omani citizens. Most of the requirements are those which you already have at home, such as your passport and travel information. The requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Passport: Please note that every traveler must have at least 6 months of validity in their passport before they can enter Tanzania. The Tanzania immigration department also recommended that the Omani traveler must have at least one empty page in their passport. This is a precautionary measure in case the immigration officer has to add a stamp or special notes
- Personal information: When completing the application, the Omani citizen must provide a few personal details. The application will require travelers to fill out their name, date of birth, place of birth, their current residence, employment status, and information about their parents
- Passport Information: The Tanzania visa application will also require travelers to provide their passport information, such as the passport number, date of expiry, and place of issuance
- Travel information: The application has a special section that asks travelers about their travel plans and itinerary. Travelers will need to fill out information regarding how many days they will stay in the country, the port of entry they plan to go through (such as an airport or land border), the address and phone number of their accommodation or place they plan to stay, and so on
- Copy of passport: All applicants will need to submit a copy of their biographic page (the page which includes their personal and passport information)
- Application fee: To complete the application, travelers will need to pay an application fee (which varies based on the type of visa). It is also necessary to have a valid form of payment for the electronic visa, such as a credit or debit card
As a general precaution, the Tanzania tourism office recommends all travelers to have their vaccinations up to date (especially if the traveler has been to high risk countries). You can see the vaccinations needed to travel to Tanzania here.
Tanzania Visa Online Application Form for Omanis
In order to apply for a Tanzania evisa as an Omani citizen, applicants must go through the online application form. There, he or she will be required to enter all of the information that was outlined above (including their personal information, passport details, trip plan, and a copy of their passport). After this step is complete, the applicant will need to pay the processing fee in order to submit their application.
The application takes less than an hour to fill out. The processing time takes approximately three business days, but this could fluctuate depending on the season and demand.
After the electronic visa has been approved, applicants will receive an email detailing the approval and the next steps. It is recommendable to print out the eVisa in case the immigration officer asks for a physical copy.