If you have always dreamed of going on a once-in-a-lifetime safari, relaxing on the famous turquoise-blue beaches of Zanzibar, or pushing yourself to climb up Mt. Kilimanjaro, look no further than Tanzania. This vibrant and exciting country in Africa has everything that a traveler is looking for, from exciting adventures to interesting locals, delicious food, and breathtaking nature, you can find it here.
However, before you can start planning your trip to Tanzania, it is important to note that all Phillipino citizens need a visa before they can legally enter Tanzania. We’ll show you everything you need to know in order to apply for a Tanzania evisa as a Philippino citizen.
Visa Requirements for Philippino Citizens
The first step in obtaining a Online Visa to Tanzania is figuring out which visa you will actually need. There are currently four main visas available to tourists, and they include the following:
- A Single-entry Tanzania tourist visa – This allows the traveler to stay for a maximum of 3 months in Tanzania and can be applied towards a holiday, tourism, or medical purpose.
- A Multiple-entry Tanzania visa – This is a visa specifically for those who frequently plan to visit Tanzania. This visa allows travelers to stay in Tanzania for a maximum of 3 months (consecutively), and the visa is valid for 12 months. One caveat is that in order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a citizen of Tanzania and provide proper documentation on why they need such a visa.
- A Tanzania transit visa -This simple visa enables the traveler to transit through Tanzania to their onward destination. It is valid for stays no longer than 7 days and is meant for short layover-style trips.
- A Tanzania business visa is available to those who are planning to visit for business purposes or to invest in Tanzanian companies. The validity of this visa varies from 1 to 6 months depending on the traveler’s needs.
After carefully selecting the visa that you plan to apply for, the next step is to gather all of the paperwork. There are only a few Tanzania visa requirements for Philippines citizens, and they include the following items:
- A valid Philippines-issued passport – Your Phillippino passport must be up to date and valid for at least 6 months from the date that you plan to arrive in Tanzania. We also recommend having at least two blank pages in your passport in case the immigration official will stamp your passport.
- A Biometric passport page copy– Once of the requirements of the application form is for each traveler to upload a copy of their biometric passport page. This is usually the first page in the passport that has your photo and personal information (passport number, full name, expiration date, and so on).
- A digital passport-style photo – Likewise, you will need to submit a recent photo of yourself that was taken within the last 6 months. In the photo, your face must be centered and clearly visible.
- A Basic Travel Itinerary – One of the main purposes of the application form is to ask you to submit a basic list of your travel plans in Tanzania. This is to make sure that your trip is within the limits of the three-month tourist visa. We also recommend having an onward ticket that clearly expresses your travel after Tanzania, which can be to either another destination or back home.
- A valid email address – In order to get notifications about the status of your Tanzania visa, you will need to enter a valid email address during the application.
- A valid payment method – Finally, you will need to have a valid debit or credit card in order to pay the necessary visa fees.
Application form online from the Philippines
The final step to get a Tanzania visa online from the Philippines is to complete the online application form.
The application form will take you less than one hour to complete and will ask a few basic questions. This will include questions about yourself, such as your full name, date of birth, and nationality. It will also ask for your contact information (email and current address), your passport information (passport number and expiration date), and your travel plans.
Finally, the application will ask you to upload a photo of your biometric passport page and a recent photo that was taken within the last six months.
After you have submitted everything, you will need to pay the Tanzania visa application fee and wait for a notification of approval. It takes an average of 5 days to process the Tanzania visa, but may take more due to demand or other factors.