Tanzania is quickly becoming one of the most popular countries in the African continent, with more than 2 million tourists visiting last year. It’s no secret why travelers love Tanzania: it is home to 16 national parks, Mount Kilimanjaro (the highest point in Africa), and even includes the tropical island of Zanzibar.
However, if you are already dreaming of a trip to Tanzania, it is important to note that all Ukrainian citizens are required to have a visa in order to enter the country. Fortunately, thanks to a new initiative set by the Tanzanian government last year, there is an evisa program that Ukrainian travelers can take advantage of.
This new evisa program allows you to apply for a Tanzania visa online from Ukraine, which means there is no need to visit a local embassy, gather paperwork, or have an in-person interview with an immigration official. The application takes less than 1 hour to complete and you can expect to have your visa ready within 5 business days.
If you’d like to know more and apply, we have compiled the following article to provide information about the new evisa program, the visa requirements, and how to apply.
Do Ukranian Citizens Need a Visa to Enter Tanzania?
Yes, all Ukrainian citizens must have a visa in order to legally enter Tanzania. This means they must either have a tourism visa, transit visa, business visa, student visa, or another type of visa to enter the country.
The most common Tanzanian visa is a single- or a multiple-entry visa. The most common visas include the following:
- Single-entry tourist visa for Tanzania allows the traveler to stay for a maximum of 3 months consecutive stay in Tanzania for tourism/holiday, medical tourism, and more.
- Multiple-entry Tanzania visa is a visa made for those who frequently visit the country. In order to be considered for a Tanzania multiple-entry visa, the applicant must be invited by a Tanzanian citizen and provide documentation. The visa allows visitors to stay in Tanzania for a maximum amount of 3 months consecutively and is valid for 12 months.
- Tanzania transit visa allows travelers to transit through the country to their onward destination and is valid for stays no longer than 7 days.
- Tanzania business visa is available to those who are professionals planning to visit or invest in Tanzanian companies. The validity of the visa varies from 1 to 6 months depending on the traveler’s needs and itinerary.
Documents Required to Apply for a Tanzania Visa as a Ukranian
There are only a handful of Tanzania visa requirements for Ukrainian citizens – these include the following items:
- A Ukrainian passport – Your Ukrainian passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival into Tanzania, although it is recommended to have a longer validity just in case.
- A scanned copy of the traveler’s passport information page – Please make sure to have a clear and legible copy of the biographical data page of your Ukrainian passport.
- A digital passport-style photo – The photo must be colored, with the face centered in the photo. We recommend taking the photo within 6 months before submitting your application so that it is up to date.
- A valid email address – This is to ensure that you will get notifications about the status of your visa.
- Payment method – Finally, you will need a valid debit or credit card in order to pay the necessary visa fees for your Tanzania visa.
How to Apply for an Online Visa from Ukraine
Once you are ready to apply for a Tanzania evisa as a Ukrainian, the first step is to start an application.
The application is simple and easy, and it takes less than one hour to complete. The application form will ask you to fill out a few key details about yourself, such as your personal information (name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality) as well as passport information (passport number, expiration date, etc.). You will also be asked to provide a travel itinerary and plans for when you are in Tanzania.
At the end of the application, we recommend double-checking every answer to ensure that it is accurate. This will help in avoiding delays. Once the application is complete, you will need to pay the fee and wait for an email confirming or denying your Tanzania visa. The average processing time is five days, although this may take longer due to demand.
Please note that holding a Tanzania eVisa does not guarantee entry into the country, as the final decision will be made by the immigration officers during the border check.